My great passion is bringing healing to people who have had illness, injury or pain. In the words of the founder of osteopathy himself, “anyone can find disease in a person”. It is my aim to find the health in a person. I have had first hand healing from an Osteopath myself and it was that healing that sparked the impetus for my own Osteopathic education. A great many people I see have had a myriad of tests, medical visits and therapies with no answers, or relief. I leave no stone unturned during my Osteopathic Structural Assessment and Diagnosis and direct my findings toward healing the whole person. I help patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors, return to health, strength, and feeling whole again.
I know that we are all unique individuals and so, no single approach is the right one for each of us. So I incorporate a range of modalities during your osteopathic treatments including myofascial, ligamentous, soft tissue release, visceral, cranio-sacral, and lymphatic.
My educational background includes Diploma of Osteopathy from the Southern Ontario College of Osteopathy, Graduate Certificate in advanced standing in Myofascial Therapy from the Freedom from Pain Institute. I am a Registered Nutritional Consultant with a specialisation in Orthomolecular Medicine. I am a member in good standing with the Ontario Federation of Osteopathic Professionals and the International Organisation of Nutritional Consultants. As well, I am a Certified Personal Trainer and MMA Conditioning Coach. Further, I have a certificate in Soft Tissue Release and Level C First Aid and CPR.
ADDITIONAL COURSES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Integrative Health Profiler (ICANS – IHP)
- Professional Training in Low Carbohydrate High Fat / Ketogenic Nutrition & Treatment (Nutrition Network)
- Certified Myoskeletal Therapist (Level One Diploma)
- Advanced Myoskeletal Therapist (Level II Certification)
- Advanced Myoskeletal Therapist (Level III Certification)
- Advanced Myoskeletal Therapist (Level IV Certification)
- VM1: Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1
- CS1: CraniaoSacral Therapy 1
- Mastering the Protocols for Optimization of Hormone Replacement Therapy – Part 1
- Mastering the Protocols for Optimization of Hormone Replacement Therapy – Part 2
- Professional Ethics for the Modern Manual Therapist
- Palpation in an Osteopathic Approach to Assessment, Clinical Anatomy and Diagnosis: Exploring Basic to Advanced Clinical Skills
- Certificate of Participation: School of Anatomy at the University of Waterloo